Pre-Purchase Swimming Pool Inspection
If you are purchasing a home with a swimming pool, a pre-purchase inspection of the swimming pool can save you from surprises later.
A pre-purchase pool inspection can save you headaches by identifying any major issues with the structure or equipment. This is a visual inspection of the pool surface to ascertain the condition, the pool coping (the edging that surrounds the pool) the pool equipment and water balance.
Swimming pools can have a range of finishes / surfaces that wear at different rates. Just like your home, the pool surface might need renovating or maintenance over time.
When a house with a pool is bought or sold in Queensland, there are legal obligations. QBCC is the governing body on this, and provide information on this topic here.
Dedant Building and Pest Inspections can generally organise a swimming pool inspection at the same time as the house inspection to save time. You are welcome to attend and discuss the findings with the inspector.
The swimming pool inspector will inspect the following and provide a written report.
- Pool surface – interior of pool will be visually checked for cracks, stains, blackspot and osmosis.
- Pool Coping – the coping will be checked for cracks and degrading
- Waterline Tiles – checked for cracked or missing tiles and calcium deposits
- Main Drain – condition will be checked and cover
- Pool pump – condition and operation checked
- Pool filter – condition and operation checked
- Chlorinator – condition and operation checked
- Lights – Operation checked
- Eyeballs – Condition checked
- Cleaner – Condition checked
- Pool gate – checked to see if it is self closing and self latching
- CPR sign – check that it is current and compliant
- Water balance – levels checked
Contact the friendly team at Dedant Building and Pest Inspections to organise your swimming pool inspection.
Learn more about pre-purchase swimming pool inspections here:
A comprehensive report together with photos were... excellent.
A great and professional attitude in assisting the customer towards achieving their requirements before purchasing home and property.
Thank you.read more